My Blog List

Friday, January 29, 2010

New Year's Resolution


I normally do not make a New Years Resolution, but this year I have decided to stop spending money on things I could get for free and stop spending money in general for things that I WANT, but don't really need. I have always been a lover of books and reading. I believe reading takes you away to another place and falling in love with a great book puts a smile on my face.

I was watching Sex and the City movie over Christmas Break and was watching the part when Carrie and Big are in bed and he asks her if she is the last person that goes to the library. She replies that she just loves the smell of the library and she loved that all the great writers are under one roof. I had an "aha" moment.

I finished watching the movie and googling the closest public library near my home and was determined to sign up for a library card and get lost looking for books. I went about a week later and took out two books and have already read them both in a three-week span. I went this past week and got a couple out...you can also reserve books on-line and they let you know when they come in and you can pick up. I feel like I have fallen in love with books again and reading. Thank you public library for making it fun again...who says libraries can't be fun--NOT ME!



Also one more thing regarding Sex and the City. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell is coming out on April 27, 2010. It is about Carrie way back when before she was the manolo-prada wearing fashionista!

No comments:

Post a Comment