My Blog List

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love is...

Love is...a sign that spring can't be far away.
From the time I was young, I can remember my mom sitting and reading the Sunday paper and clipping the "Love Is" comics. I also remember them being posted on our fridge for the week until next and at times they would become a regular read at our house. I cannot tell you how many I have read, cut out and given to old loves in cards.



The Cartoon was created by Kim Grove in the 1960's. The series started as little love notes that Kim Grove drew for her husband, Roberto Casali. The strip was first syndicated in 1970 and one of her most beloved drawings, "Love is...being able to to say you are sorry". It was marketed internationally for many years in print and cards.


I just love this comic and here is one for all my fellow bloggers. I will be uploading them throughout my blog when I come across one that fits with my blog or what I am writing about. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

2 comments: